Iowa Student Loan Program
Cedar Rapids Bank &Trust works with Iowa Student Loan® to offer supplemental private student loans to help you pay for college.1 The Partnership Advance Education® Loan (Partnership Loan):
- Provides terms and conditions upfront, so you know what you're getting before you apply.
- Features variable and fixed interest rates.
- Lets you defer payments or make interest-only payments while you attend school.
- Offers benefits such as an interest rate reduction and cosigner release.
Before you apply, remember to:
- Complete the FAFSA first. The first step in applying for financial aid, which includes federal student loans, is completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The FAFSA is a free form provided by the U.S. Department of Education that may be completed without professional assistance via paper application or online at www.fafsa.gov. In your award letter from your college, the financial aid office will inform you of your eligibility for federal student loans.
- Work with your college financial aid office. Contact the financial aid professionals at your college or university to explore and exhaust other sources of federal, state and/or institutional financial aid before seeking a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before using other types of available aid may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
About Iowa Student Loan
Iowa Student Loan was established in 1979 as a private, nonprofit corporation, and its mission is to help Iowa students and families obtain the resources necessary to succeed in postsecondary education.
1 Cedar Rapids Bank & Trust receives a referral fee from Iowa Student Loan.